Scooter Braun says he's received "numerous death threats" directed at both himself and his family following his high profile row with Taylor Swift.
The music manager, who Swift alleges has bullied her for years, has previously remained silent, but says he is now publicly speaking out due to "safety concerns".
His words come after Swift shared a post on social media last week accusing him and Scott Borchetta, the founder of the label Big Machine Records, of "exercising tyrannical control" over her career since buying the singer's former record label back in June.
Braun, who manages stars including Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande, has previously said the dispute should not be held in public, but claims all attempts at an "open discussion" with Swift have been rejected.
In an Instagram post addressed directly to Swift, the father-of-three writes: "Since your public statement last week there have been numerous death threats directed at my family.
"This morning I spoke out publicly for the first time saying I wouldn't participate in a social media war. However I came home to find my wife had received a phone call threatening the safety of our children as well as other threats seen above.
"I won't go into detail of this past week. I have been at a loss. Thinking of my wife and children, my team and their families, I have gone through a range of emotions on how to deal with this.
"I write this now only after a deep breath and much reflection. I am certain there is no situation ever worth jeopardising anyone's safety.
He says the singer's words "carry a tremendous amount of weight".
Swift - whose worldwide legion of fans call themselves 'Swifties' - has over 122 million followers on Instagram alone.
Braun says Swift's attorney was notified of the threats against him four days ago, and he has been "disappointed" by her lack of response.
Labelling the current world climate "toxic", Braun explains: "We are living in a time of pointless violence and as a husband and father I am concerned."
In the lengthy post, he goes on to say he was "shocked and disheartened" at Swift's initial response to his acquisition of her label - which included the rights to her first six albums.
At the time Swift said she was "sad" and "grossed out" at the move.
The 38-year-old says he's only actually met Swift in person "a handful of times", during which he says he was always "pleasant and respectful".
By way of a possible olive-branch, Braun says Swift can perform any song she wishes during the American Music Awards this Sunday, where she will be named artist of the decade.
Earlier this week the singer had claimed Braun and Borchetta were blocking her from performing her old songs.
She also said their ownership of her music was interfering with the production of a forthcoming Netflix documentary about her life.
Claiming he fears Swift has "no interest in ever resolving the conflict", Braun says it is now, "with safety becoming a concern" that he has resorted to making his views public.
He goes on to say he has been warned by others that "amicable resolution" with Swift is impossible, before signing off with the weighted phrase: "I just pray that nobody gets seriously hurt in the process".
A screenshot he shared with his post appears to show a message he says he has received from an Instagram user threatening to shoot him and his children.
Sky News has contacted Swift's representatives for comment.
© Sky News 2019