.

Woman given first aid after fire at property in Nantwich

A woman was given first aid after a fire at a property in Nantwich.

At around 6.50pm on Sunday evening firefighters were notified of a smoke alarm sounding at a domestic property in Hayes Close.

The crew forced entry and discovered that cooking fumes from burnt food had activated the alarm.

Firefighters ventilated the property and administered first aid to the occupier.

They then handed her over to the care of paramedics.

Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour-and-a-half.

For cooking safety tips visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety.

More from Local


Cover art for Pretty Shining People

On Air

Elliot Holman playing George Ezra - Pretty Shining People

Try Something Else