.

Resident rescued after house fire in Stone

One person has been rescued after a house fire in Stone.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service say they responded after a neighbour was alerted to the blaze after hearing smoke alarms.

He had managed to put the fire out prior to the arrival of crews from the town and Stafford.

The occupier of the property was taken to hospital after being affected by smoke.

Fire bosses say the blaze was caused by coals falling from an open fire onto a rug.

 

 

More from Local