Cheshire firefighters were called to Crewe Hall following reports of a fire involving an electrical appliance.
Three fire engines attended the Weston Road venue earlier today (January 7) - one from Crewe, one from Alsager and one from Nantwich as well as the Hydraulic platform from Macclesfield
A spokesperson for Cheshire Fire and Rescue said the fire was located in the kitchen area and is believed to have involved a refrigerator.
Wearing two breathing apparatus, crews used a hose reel jet and a safety jet to tackle the flames and bring them under control.
A large fan was used to disperse the smoke once the fire was extinguished
Crews were on scene for around one hour.