Fire crews tackle shed fire near Newcastle

Fire crews in Staffordshire have prevented a blaze from spreading to two properties near Newcastle.

Crews from Newcastle and Sandyford were called out to Wood Lane near Bignall End yesterday.

On arrival, the fire which started in a shed was quickly spreading to affect two bungalows.

But rapid and effective firefighting by crews limited the damage to properties.

No one was injured.

A fire service spokesperson said: "The cause was accidental due to a faulty freezer."

More from Local