.

Fire at Sandbach nursery started accidentally

Fire bosses say a blaze which ripped through a nursery in Sandbach was started accidentally.

They were called out to reports of a fire in a commercial building on Dalton Court around 6am yesterday morning (11 January).

On arrival crews found a fire on the first floor of brick built building, occupied by a children's nursery, measuring approximately 15 metres by 20 metres.

Five fire engines were sent to the scene from Sandbach, Middlewich, Holmes Chapel and two from Crewe - along with an aerial appliance from Macclesfield.

Four firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, initially entered the building and used two hose reel jets to tackle the fire.

Crews also used three main jets to help extinguish the fire from outside the building.

They also used using a hydraulic platform and removing roof tiles to help extinguish any hotspots within the roof space.

All crews left the scene at approximately 6.30pm and the A533 Middlewich Road was reopened. 

An online fundraising page has since been set up.

The Just Giving page is aiming to raise £1,000 to assist with repairs - and says they can't imagine the heartbreak the fire has caused to this family run business.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/maternellefire

 

More from Local


Cover art for Heaven On My Mind

On Air

Wes & Gemma playing Becky Hill & Sigala - Heaven On My Mind