Some bus services subsidised by Cheshire East Council are facing the axe, after it approved to cut funding by £1 million.
The authority had originally set out plans to seek savings of £1.57m, ahead of a consultation earlier this year.
Nearly 4,000 people took part, many raising concerns about the impact of losing some services.
Following the feedback, the authority has reduced the amount of money it intends to save by around £500,000.
But under the plans approved today, the council will no longer support Sunday bus services, which it says will have less social impact than withdrawing other services.
The authority says the approved plan still retain bus access for 99 per cent of residents.
The council is also to secure additional weekday daytime services connecting Congleton, Leighton Hospital, Alsager, Rode Heath, Scholar Green, Sandbach and Goostrey.
Councillor Paul Bates, cabinet member for finance and communication, said: “We face challenging financial constraints and we recognise that some of our residents will be affected by a reduction in services.
“We have had to make some tough decisions but we feel that we have met many of the concerns expressed in the consultation feedback by re-configuring some routes and retaining the subsidy on routes where the removal of services would have resulted in hardship.
“I want to thank all those people who took the trouble to contribute to the consultation and we would like to see residents making greater use of our buses, where practicable, so that car dependency across the borough is reduced.”