Officers in Cheshire are appealing for information following a series of burglaries, where offenders have entered through the roof.
Since July 2017, they have received six reports where offenders have targeted commercial premises.
The incidents have included:
- Phone store on Market Street – At approximately 2am on 20/7/2017
- The Watch Doctor – Crewe Market – Between 8.30pm and 10.30pm on 29/8/2017
- Phone store on Market Street – Between 9.40pm and 10pm on 24/9/2017
- Retail store on Edleston Road – Between 2am and 2.30am on 2/10/2017
- Retail store on Queensway – Between 16.15 on 14/10/17 and 9am on 16/10/2017
- Retail store on Victoria Road - Between 1pm on 15/10/2017 and 7.40am on 16/10/2017
PC Chris Reade said: “We treat incidents of this type extremely seriously and we are committed to doing all that we can to trace the people responsible. Initial indications suggest that the incidents are linked.
“Investigations in relation to the incidents are ongoing and we are following a number of lines of enquiry, including analysing CCTV footage and forensics.
“We are currently undertaking a number of measures to help tackle these incidents, including increased patrols in the local area. As part of this, with Christmas period fast approaching, I would also like to remind business owners and managers to check their security measures and ensure that any high value stock is correctly stored.
“I’m also keen to hear from anyone who believes that they have any information in relation to the incidents.”